Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday Bidness


Yes, bidness.
Now, onto it.
I finally got my b-day present from my sister's boyfriend (we'll call him Chris, cause that's his name) which was 'Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.' So, in a fit of actress-artist syndrome, I put on 'The Santa Clause 3; The Escape Clause' (I don't know if I spelled any of that wrong, but oh well, like I care) which I love because of the actors, costumes, and the sets! Martin Short and Tim Allen in one movie? Yes, it's brilliant. Jack Frost (Martin Short's character) has to be my favorite. So, yes, I hate the ending. -.- But the main reason I watched it was because they build the sets, and they're amazing. Tim Burton used way too much green screen in his movie for my taste. I understand, it is Wonderland, but do you have to make it so... fake? -sigh-
Oh yeah, my point, I drew this as a counter-balance for Jack Frost's character. She's as cunning as he is, but has none of his ambition. She does create mischief, but is more relaxed. Her design was based on the Grecian style with the grape vines, hair, and dress, but I wanted her to have a strong enough personality to go with Jack. They actually fight a lot, so not any romance going on here.
The picture itself is ok, but I'm playing with my style a little bit. Do you like her hair?!?!?! I sure do! It was fun being able to make the individual strands different shades. I may post a full shot of her if I get around to drawing it.
Yeah, I would've posted my Jack Frost too... but I'm having issues with his hair. In the meantime, if you haven't seen any of 'The Santa Clause' movies, you need to buy all three for your family for Christmas, they will enjoy them. (I'm really hating the fact there is so much time between summer and Christmas...)
Have a nice day! =)

2 comments:

  1. ooooooooh!! Her hair is uber fantabulous!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! that's really cool. I haven't seen the 3rd Santa Clause movie... I guess I should now. lol!

    ReplyDelete