Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday Lazeday

Yes, lazeday. But I have been practicing.
If anything good comes out of it I might post it here, but I don't know, I may want it for my own enjoyment.
I wanted to share this with you: NHOM!
The cuteness wishes to devour my soul, so I figured I'd unleash it on my dear followers as well.

I really want to get better faster.
I know I'm not the best artist in the world, no matter how happy I am with the turnout of anything, but I am not a patient person. I'd much rather have my best ability delivered to me without all the stress and work I'm going through each time I get off the art website and see my own second-rate works. It's so selfish and stupid and I really am my own worst critic, but I just wish I could see myself getting better overall, not just compared to sketches I did a year and a half ago.
I'm just wondering if all artists go through this hell to get to where they need to be.

Hope your days are less major high to extreme low than mine are being lately.

Edit: Sorry about that. Sometimes I need a good kick in the pants. I'm trying to gear up for a contest coming up in a few months, and I really hope it goes better than last time. Critiques are MORE than welcome, as long as constructive. Praise only goes so far, criticism hurts but helps me to improve. I will probably be posting some sketches of ideas for a contest piece, so comments are very much loved.

1 comment:

  1. aww, Allie-girl. I LOVE YOU!!
    i guess all types of artists go through this. Dancers included. :-/

    ReplyDelete