Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Jack Frost Sketch (Tuesday)


Ahhhhhh
Today's been kinda crazy.
I get my stuff in the car because I don't want to be late to band (again. -.-), and notice something odd on the passenger's side floor. It's my rear-view mirror. O.O Oh noes, what do I do? Call dad. He told me it was fine, so I left (a bit nervous) for band 15 minutes away. I (the only clarinet) had to play over 7 trumpets, 4 flutes, and the goober playing sax next to me. I nearly went cross-eyed, but apparently it payed off, because the director complimented me. On the way to Theater rehearsal (still feeling a bit cross-eyed), the low washer fluid light turns on in my dashboard. -.- Luckily nothing else went wrong on the way home (which is only 2 whole minutes from school, so no big deal) and I got a headache. Yay for painkiller not working.
...
Oh, yes.
The long-awaited Jack Frost! :D
I'm just happy enough with him to post it... however I cut him off short because I didn't have a reference for his shoes (which are a blue bowling-shoe type, kinda neat) and he turned a bit disproportionate at the legs. I hope I made him threatening enough. I messed up on his mouth though, so it's kinda smudged and I think his face could've been a bit more angular. I really don't want to ink him until I have a white pen. That hair cannot be done properly without it. Most of this sketch, in fact, would not be inked initially. The stripes and hair would not be inked until after coloring. Crazy, right? But the madness has a method, and I hope it turns out all right. In the meantime, I hope you can enjoy the sketch as much as I don't feel like redoing it right now.
Have a nice day!

1 comment:

  1. aww, poor you! did you get your jeep all fixed?

    oooooohh! He looks fantabulous!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete