Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday Stuff



So, I was at Hobby Lobby today, picking out Copics. Very exciting. This really tall black guy was standing next to me looking at pencils and erasers. He looks at me and asks, "Have you gotten those before?" I was kindof surprised that he was talking to me, but I said, "Yeah, I have." "I like them." "They're expensive, but worth it." This is where it got interesting. "What do you do?" "I'm a beginner, but I mostly do manga." "Cool. I used to work for Disney, as a cartoonist." I was like O.O "Really? That's awesome." "Yeah, it was fun. Keep up with your work." "Ok" OwO
After I got my last marker I ditched the painting stuff and zoomed away to tell my mom about what happened. I really wish I had asked his name. I'm really curious now.
Btw, I got 7 markers.
It cost a whopping $50. O.o
I'll post a scan or two later. Gotta finish my schoolwork.

Edit: I reeeaaally like these two!!! Full copics! I'm proud of them.
Misdreavous and Mismagius in human form. I luffs them, they are so very much fun to draw and color. I'll admit, over a large area I get really uneven, but it works for the ghosties. =3
Misdreavous was a bit of a challenge, though, colorwise. I wanted to give her a black shirt, but since I only have a black prismacolor, I knew I'd lose all my wonderful wrinkles in the process, so I made it blue. I also wanted to make her hair black, but the pokemon is actually blue/green. So now that I have both colors, I tested and found it suitable. I hope I pulled off the see-through pink sleeve on Misdreavous. I saw someone's technique and just had to try it out.
Oh yeah, the colors I got are a; blue, green, yellow, light skin tone, pink, brown, and purple.
Expect a Minstrel sometime soon.

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, that's like FANTABULOUS!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooh! they are gorgeous! :))

    Misdreavous's shirt is fantabulous.. i want one! ha

    YAY for minstrels!! (that's a traveling musician.. right??)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Minstrel is a singer or a musician. Not necessarily a traveller, and I've also heard they were servants specially hired for entertainment. My Minstrel is a servant who travels around on her master's business, but she never says who her master is or what business she's tending too. *cue mysterious music*

    ReplyDelete