Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sundayness

Since I'm Liturgist this month, and you seem to be interested in it, I thought I'd post the Scripture for the week.
I was e-mailed John 10: 9-11, but the bulletin said John 14: 1-6. I asked Pastor Dorothy Ann about it during the fellowship time, and she told me to read the second one. :) She mentioned both in the sermon, so it was no big deal.

In the meantime, the dogs are nuts. Trixie (terrier) likes to mouth people's arms, hands, (my knee) and it's getting annoying. Java (lab) has mellowed out, I taught him the down command... I think. He's pretty good at it, so I'm not sure if it's the first time it's been shown to him.
Oh, and the lazy teenager who writes this blog did housework! Without being asked, might I add... and the bathroom needed it. (Cassie always leaves it a big mess. Don't lie, I know you do. -.-) Bah, I've nothing more to say to you. Goodbye.

11 comments:

  1. ha, yes. Jenna is VERY interested in this exciting news.. ha.
    so what all does a liturgist do?
    hee hee. how long are yall keeping the doggies?
    im so proud of you for cleaning! ha. now you know why i love it so much! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liturgist leads in the Affirmation of Faith, does the Offertory prayer (someone writes it for me), and reads the Scripture lesson.
    The dogs are staying till Thursday. We leave for Maryland Friday morning.
    Haha, yeah. I even cleaned the mirror. It's a lot less speckly now. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome!! (what's the affirmation of faith?)
    maryland?! i didn't know of this!! ha
    awesome! :) good job. ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. The affirmation of faith is the apostle's creed, if you know what that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha, i have no idea what that is. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must just be a Methodist thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. must be. what is it? ha now i'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried. On the third day He rose again, He ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic (universal) Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen"
    Tada! Took a lot longer to type than I thought it would...

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. that's pretty fantastical. :)
    do you have to memorize it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, but I've grown up in the methodist church, so I've got it down. :P

    ReplyDelete