Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Family Life Skills (Monday)


It'll do that to yah.
I really hate this book.
My mom hates it too, she's finding me a new one, in the meantime, I'm going to be covering the chapter on finances.
So, yes, at every turn I feel like I'm expected to act like the 'stereotypical woman.'
You know, the one who thinks that getting married and making babies is the only thing in the world worth living for?
...
Yeah, sure, I want to get married. If that's what God calls me to do.
He may call me to be single.
YES THAT CAN HAPPEN TO A GIRL.
-.-
I know a girl who's been called to be single, and been called into the mission field.
YES, you model of ignorance, a woman can be a missionary without a husband.
All I'm saying is, is that I really just want to live my life the way God wants me to live it without being under all this pressure to be the 'Biblical' Christian woman.
...
(Just for the record, it's the scan, not the drawing that's crooked.)
*Puts on fire retardant suit*
Let the flame war begin.
Go with God,
~Allie

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! we get put under too much pressure to be the "wife" and sometimes i think that God might have bigger plans for people if they would open their eyes and realize that yes, they can get married, but God might have another plan for them!

    ReplyDelete