Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Faith (Saturday)

Yes, I'm a Christian.
Yes, I do feel sorry for non-Christians, simply because they do not know my God the way I do.
Yes, I do go to church every Sunday.
Yes, I do wear modest clothing.
Yes, I believe in forgiveness and Grace.
Yes, I believe anyone can be saved.
Yes, I'm a Methodist.
Yes, I do feel distant from God sometimes.
Yes, I have questions about my faith.
Yes, I believe everyone else is entitled to disagree with me.

No, I do not believe preaching about hellfire and brimstone will make anyone come to the cross quicker, in fact I myself shut down and stop listening when it's brought up.
No, I don't like being hit with the same piece of Scripture when it's clearly not answering my question.
No, I don't read my Bible every day, though I feel I should.
No, I don't believe you have to be baptized in order to be saved.
No, I do not approve of homosexual relationships.
No, I'm not homophobic.
No, I don't believe you should have sex outside of marriage.
No, I don't believe I'm 'better than you.'
No, I don't think people should get flamed for having doubts/questions/concerns/opinions/or anything that may rub you the wrong way.
No, I don't think you're right just because you think you are.

Yes, I'm a Christian, and
No, I'm not conforming to this world or your opinions.

---

Just felt like doing this.
Showing that I don't stick to the standard. Honesty is refreshing, isn't it?
Just for the record, if you're going to tell me that I'm wrong,
SAVE IT,
I don't care.
I do, however, accept positive comments, and if you agree with anything above, go ahead! I like it when I find people with similar opinions. Gives us things to talk about.
If I get any comments telling me 'this is why your opinion is wrong' it will be promptly deleted or, if you're commenting on Buzz, the post will be deleted and no one else will get to comment because you were ignorant.
=D
Glad we're all on the same page now.
Go with God,
~Allie

2 comments: