Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday Three




Well, just two at the moment. I'll update the post when I have my third scan done. I really can't believe I had an art blog for almost two whole weeks and not even posted a single scan of this girl. I call her the Minstrel, for lack of a fitting name, but it suits her well. Her suit is usually a v-neck, but I changed it just for this one. I kindof like it, but will probably end up making it shorter in future stuff. I've been drawing the Minstrel for a looooong time. I've tested all of my potential styles on her. I've drawn her about twenty times in this sketch book alone. She only ever wears this and a little dress. Emphasis on the 'little', it really isn't much of one, but it's cuteand fun to draw.
More about the pictures. The first is the initial character sketch. Very rough and needs some work, but a good start. The second is the ink. Notice I didn't ink the patterns on her clothes, and I added guidelines for glitter on the top part. I also slimmed her neck and torso, which I felt made her look to stocky for her height. I meant to scan it before I colored anything, but colored the skin before I remembered. The scanner ruined my skin tone, btw, it looks a lot less pink on the original (and yes, her face is supposed to be white). Now for the third, I'm just going to color in the black areas of her suit and sketch a background (you really shouldn't ink a background, pulls away from the subject).
I'm going to try to get more markers (I only have this skin tone and black) with my birthday money, as well as some more pens. And, if all goes according to plan, I should have three scans for Flashback Friday. :)
EDIT: Uploaded scan with background. The rainbow lines of DEATH followed, however... -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment