Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Marching in 4 (Saturday)

Again, no arts today.
Sorry, I just spent the past two days in band camp.
According to my teacher, three weeks of lessons crammed into those two days and we did really good.
I took no pictures, cause I was busy playing, marching, and breathing.
I may try to draw The Minstrel in some of the stances.
So yes, I'm very proud of myself.
I learned to breathe. Yes, it is a very important lesson. Makes you yawn a lot. If you're doing it right.
I had to re-learn my embouchure. That took some getting used to. But I know what I need to get for my clarinet! New reeds by Vandoren. Woot! Maybe I can get a new reed case too.
All in all, marching-wise,  we came to tension, parade rest, band horns up, mark time, forward eight steps, back two steps, left turn in four, and, finally, right turn in four.
I know what you're thinking. Gee, that sounds easy, I do those things every day! (For those of you who walk backwards regularly.)
Try doing that while rolling your feet, at attention, counting off, left foot first (always), and keeping in your spot in the block.
Oh and, by the way, you can't look at your feet.
Yeah, now it's all clear why it takes so long to learn.
Now I have some brilliant ideas which may or may not bring grief to people I know.
Mwahahaha!
...
Don't worry, it'll be for the good of everyone.
Trust me.
Go with God,
~Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment