Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

So I Lied (Thursday)

So things didn't turn out as well as I'd like with my prototype, so I'm having to make another.
However, I'm secure enough in my process to tell you about what I'm going to be doing.
Mostly, mold making.
I'm going to try to make a blank from some miscellaneous items and use that to make a mold. I'll be making said mold from Plaster of Paris, and casting the final piece in resin (hopefully, a lot clearer than the first thing came out).
It's a lot of sit and wait for things to dry/harden, so please have patience with me.
In the meantime, I'm getting ready to go to college. Just over a week from now I'll be moving onto campus, and then about a week after that classes start.
I feel kind of bad for just leaving my readers (the glorious few) hanging, so I will leave you with a drawing of Princess Luna.

Humanized, obviously. Her look is influenced by a drawing I saw on deviantart, a bit military. I like to think of her as the more regimented type, while Celestia is more relaxed. Princess Cadance is just the people's princess; doesn't do much in governing, but is loved by the people.
...
I really put too much thought into that...
But the look is... rough to say the least. I've already got ideas for improving on it. This is one of a few little doodles I did last night, so please excuse the quality.
If this My Little Pony kick keeps up I may do all three of the princesses.
We'll see.
Go with God,
~Allie

1 comment:

  1. ive been missing your drawings... and this was way worth the wait! haha so awesome. i love the coat. its epic. :)

    ReplyDelete