Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Moving Out (Thursday)

Sorry, no art here.
Ungrateful people, move along, I'm just typing up thoughts here.

So move-out day is.... hectic.
Triple checking to make sure all the drawers are empty, deciding which electronics stay out of boxes to keep me entertained, and folding mattress pads is busy work.
I might miss the ... coziness of the dorm, but I look forward to having more space (and a spinning chair).

My sketchbooks are either at home or buried in a box, along with my scanner, so it might be a little bit before I care enough to get some things done.
I will, however, be doing some painting (this might be the first thing I do this summer). So that may be posted here.
Got an A on my final project (yay!), and my teacher acknowledged my having already developed a style before joining his class. Even though I made a good grade in the class, I'm not looking to take another one. I've found that I manage to learn just fine on my own with the internet and other artists' work available to look at.
I've also been practicing with my copics again. I would like to do more shading, but I'm going to need more markers. It might be time for me to just buy a set or something. (First I need money.) I don't really want to because I'd have repeats of markers, and with them being stupidly expensive I don't like that. Maybe I could find a used set somewhere... (Woah, there's 5 different sets of 72.)

So that's what I'm up to today.
I'll get back to you once the dust settles.
Go with God,
~Allie

1 comment:

  1. first off, boo that youre not taking another art class next semester! well, as long as you still post pictures occasionally, I suppose I can be satisfied... ;)
    and you never said what your final project was!! dying of curiosity over here... le sigh.
    here's to an amazing summer, my dear!

    ReplyDelete